Thursday, November 11, 2010

Teachers & Facebook, Twitter, Myspace... etc...

I used to be one of those people with a Facebook and a Myspace. Until recently I never saw the harm in them. I used both to communicate with my friends and family. Now that I am about to enter student teaching, I have realized that it may not be the best of ideas to have either of these types of chat sites. Sometimes people may have pictures that may not be very classy posted on their "profiles". Or they may have comments posted on their "walls" that may be indecent. Sometimes people do not stop and think about the things that they are putting out there on the world-wide web for everyone to see. This can promote a bad image for those people. Even though my chat sites were completely honest in use, I deleted both my Facebook and Myspace accounts. I felt that it is better for someone that works with children and/or in the public eye if they do not have accounts with such websites. Even though they can be enjoyable to use, I think it is in best interest to not have them at all to maybe save future trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment